Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Gift Tonight

Tonight I was gifted with new friendships - deep friendships - some that I have had for quite a while, and others that were new...but the thing in common was our hearts for God. We are a group committed to prayer - we are women - of various ages - of various life stages - all with unique giftings and leadings and anointings - all with the same passion for Jesus! Thank you Julie for being such a wonderful leader; for being such a transparent vessel; for being pure of heart and hearing from God!

I came home and continued painting a new piece for the upcoming ArtsGoggle - and as I was painting, I began to "see" another painting - my head and heart were still full of joy and anticipation over what God is putting together! The painting would be a tribute to this group, to prayer. I could "see" our hands, the hands of our hearts, lifted to the Lord in worship and prayer...

And then I remembered my friend Gwen and her inspired paintings! Perhaps she already had something like what I was seeing! And she did!

You can see more of Gwen's work here

I will paint what I saw in my spirit, but for now, this will commemorate tonight's knitting together of hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your prayer group sounds so beautiful. Such a special time with Jesus together. Love this art too.
You don't care putting your hands to God so straight when in total praise and worship!
What a special time, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post!

Julie-ann Bowden said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your prayer group sounds so beautiful. Such a special time with Jesus together. Love this art too.
You don't care putting your hands to God so straight when in total praise and worship!
What a special time, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...